Here, are my 10 simple tips and tricks to keep your health and happiness on track as the weather gets colder!
- Drink ginger tea! This keeps you warm, especially your hands and feet.
- Cook with spices and chilli to give your metabolism a boost.
- Give yourself permission to sleep a little more. Our body often needs this extra sleep for an active immune system.
- Eat a tad more garlic to ward off those nasty winter bugs.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent your skin drying out. Staying hydrated will keep skin your skin glowing throughout the colder months.
- Practice yoga. It heats your body from the inside out.
- Drink plenty of herbal tea. I recommend drinking tea, tea and more tea during winter especially immune-boosting teas to keep you feeling tip top!
- Embrace the change in season by getting out in nature and smelling the crisp, fresh air.
- Soak up some sunshine to get a dose of Vitamin D and prevent SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Sunshine boosts your mood and keeps you happy in the winter.
- Drink bone broth to warm you up and give your immune system a boost.
Image credit: Thinkstock