Banana has been hogging the sweet bread stage for quite some time. Don’t get us wrong, we’ve enjoyed its performance (probably one too many times), but we feel it might be time to let another, equally tasty concoction into the limelight: coconut and raspberry bread.
If you’re new to this combination, prepare yourself because it’s hard to resist. Make it for breakfast, as a snack or when you’re entertaining—it’s gluten and dairy free so it’s allergy-approved. Plus, it has a dash of apple cider vinegar to help alkalise the body.
If you like banana bread, you’re guaranteed to like this too—in fact, we might even prefer it. So for all those times when you’re feeling a little adventurous, go for coconut and raspberry instead.
Coconut & Raspberry Bread
2 1⁄2 cups of almond flour
1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Heilala Vanilla Pure Vanilla Extract
4 free range eggs, beaten
1⁄4 cup coconut oil
1⁄4 cup rice malt syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
1 cup raspberries
1⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flours, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the Heilala Vanilla Pure Vanilla Extract, eggs, oil, rice malt syrup and ACV and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully fold in the berries and coconut. If the mixture is very thick, add 1⁄2 cup of water and mix thoroughly. All to sit for 15 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased bread tin.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Best served warm.