If you’re anything like us here at Sporteluxe you love trying new apps, whether you’re looking to book a last minute manicure or find new workout motivation. So we wanted to share the latest health and fitness app to capture our attention: BodyWise.
Created by long-time friends Michael Halligan and David Banks, health and fitness app BodyWise is designed to help users develop healthy food and fitness habits, whilst also allowing them to easily track their progress.
Here’s how it works: BodyWise operates as an easy-to-use educational and motivational platform, rather than a basic step or calorie counter. Users are encouraged to set realistic goals, log workouts and record daily food intake on their own personal dashboards. It means that users are taking a quicker but more importantly a healthier approach to diet and fitness tracking without obsessing over the contents of each food item and calories burnt. Oh, and best of all, it’s totally free!
“Your goals are completely unique and adjustable. I’m trying to cut back on caffeine to two cups of coffee a day and increase my vegetable intake to five servings a day, so that’s what my dashboard shows” says co-founder Michael Halligan. “When I want to log a meal or a few meals at the end of the day, I just tap the number of servings I’ve had. Moderation is key and BodyWise really makes it easy to recognize and achieve a healthy balance”.
The health and fitness app Key features we love:
- Log your diet in seconds, not minutes with the diet tracker (and no calorie counting!)
- Analyze your diet, steps, hydration, sleep patterns, workouts and more
- Monitor your body over time, saving before and after photos as well as logging weight and body measurements
- Sync with Apple Health, Fitbit or Jawbone UP
- Track your progress privately, with your health coach or with close friends
Download health and fitness app BodyWise here