We are all looking to stamp our own individual style on our interiors. But the only way to be truly unique is to create it. So instead of shopping for something new, why don’t you challenge your creativity and DIY skills by giving new life to something old?
Here are the rules when it comes to re-purposing:
· Look for something with ‘good bones’ or a beautiful shape. Your outcome will be better if you start with good foundations.
· Design for the garbage bin. It sounds like a strange thing to say but all it means is to not get so scared about your project not turning out perfect that it holds you back from experimenting. Instead, pretend that the end result doesn’t matter and let your creativity be free.
· Give your object a new purpose. Sometimes just looking good isn’t enough. If it looks good and is functional, then you have ticked all the boxes!
· Think outside of the box. The more out of context the object is, the cooler it will look.
· Don’t try too hard. Simple is always best.
Keen to give up-cycling a try? Have at look at these simple, surprising and inspiring ways to re-purpose everyday objects.