Part of my job as an interior designer is to style homes for photographs. When it comes to styling a kitchen counter, dining console or even living room coffee table, one of my never-fail styling tricks is to add a bowl of fruit. It’s one of the best ways to get a pop of colour and make the space feel fresh, relaxed and alive. A fruit bowl also suits every style of interior. The trick is just choosing the right one to complement your design aesthetic.
So, here are my tips for finding the right fruit bowl for your space!
- For a room full of history and soul, try adding a wooden hand carved bowl full of pears, quince and green apples.
- For a fresh, bright and happy space, use vibrant limes and lemons in a clear glass vase.
- For an eclectic interior, layer multi ceramic glazed pattern bowls with a mix of bananas and oranges.
- For moodier, more sophisticated spaces, use pomegranate, artichokes or even eggplants.
- If you’re short on space, use a small textured glass dessert bowl full of grapes and strawberries.
Kubus bowl in the striking matt black finish. Not only is displaying Mother Nature’s edible gems my go-to styling trick, it’s also a great reminder to grab a healthy snack.