As winter is usually the time that we are feeling sluggish from a season of eating comfort foods, drinking wine and curling up on the couch with a blanket, now is the perfect time to detox your body just in time for spring. It’s important to pay attention to what your body is telling you. So if you are noticing any signs of bad breath, headaches, constipation, weight problems, gas, bloating, diarrhoea or fatigue, then these could be signs that you’re in need of a detox. Here we have listed five of the best treatments (tried and tested) to detox your body and improve your overall well being just in time for spring. Keep reading…
- COLON HYDROTHERAPY– Don’t cringe, it’s actually the ultimate detox for your bowels. These days we are so time poor and stressed that we often neglect our bodies with a toxic lifestyle. This in turn impacts our digestive system which then can not function properly and often stores a few extra kilos of unwanted toxic waste in your system. Yuck! Often signs of an irritated digestive system will include: Skin problems, allergies, bad breath, constipation, candida, hemorrhoids, IBS and weight problems. So with a colonic irrigation, it actually gives you an internal spring clean with water helping to move out any unwanted toxic storage that’s been there for years – plus alleviating any gas or bloating. The Alkaline Spa at Potts Point does a fantastic treatment that is not at all uncomfortable nor invasive. A big thumbs up from the Sporteluxe team.
- FAR INFRARED SAUNA – Get this, this sauna is completely dry and uses part of the sun’s invisible light spectrum which is then converted into heat for your skin to soak up. The heat in the sauna has a natural healing and repairing process that penetrates deep into the body’s tissue to rid any toxic build up through the skin. The air is 60-80 percent lower than a regular sauna. And the best bit, detoxification is 7 to 10 times greater than a regular sauna as the body sweats more at Infrared temperatures. All you need is 30 mins in this sauna and your done! A fantastic relaxing way to end your day. Head to the Alkaline Spa.
- JUICE CLEANSE – Give your body a break and try a juice cleanse. I know you are probably thinking that a juice just doesn’t cut it for a meal replacement. But it actually does, and fills you up too. Raw Juice cleanses are thick and seriously jam packed with vitamins, minerals and enzymes. They are a great way of allowing the body to heal with natural raw foods.
- LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE – The ultimate relaxation detox! This massage detox works on stimulating circulation and lymphatic flow in the body with a dry brush. A Yonka oil is then used in the massage process that helps to detox the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system. For the digestion, the feet, face and scalp are massaged which eases any stress and tension. For those of you who love having their whole body worked, then this is the treatment for you. We love Beauty Perfection’s ‘Lymphatic Drainage Massage’ and also give it a big thumbs up from the team here at Sporteluxe.
- SEAWEED WRAP – It sounds a little strange, but it’s a truly an invigorating experience. The treatment starts with your skin being brushed with organic sea salts then following with your body being exfoliated with a blend of black pepper, juniper and cypress oils. You are then wrapped in sea kelp and blue-green algae while you are treated to a reflexology foot massage. Once the seaweed has done its job, you then shower and return for to your bed for a final full body massage with natural birch oils. Just pure bliss! Try The Last Resort’s Seaweed Wrap.