Plane food has a bad rep, but many people realize you can take your own food on a plane. A little forward-planning will help you fend off the mid-flight munchies in a healthy way. Here are 10 nutritious snack ideas to consider for your next flight.
- Cut up veggie sticks and tahini.
- Homemade cacao protein balls.
- Fresh fruit, such as apples, mandarins or banana.
- Organic biltong (a South African dried meat, similar to beef jerky) for a paleo-style protein hit.
- Sachets of greens powder and protein powder. Take a shaker bottle and simply ask for some water on the plane.
- Activated nuts and seeds.
- You could go all-out with a quinoa salad with baby spinach, roasted veggies and a tahini. None of these ingredients need to be refrigerated between cooking and eating.
- A small bag of organic muesli is a great in-flight breakfast option.
- Organic popcorn.
- Single serve organic herbal tea bags. Remember, you can ask for hot water for tea at any time!