Feeling peckish? Would a choc chip cookie satisfy your cravings? Why not try my version of a choc chip cookie. Made from the likes of gluten free oat flour and almond meal with maple syrup, this cookie not only is nutritious and healthy, but a great alternative to the original tea break sweet.
Makes 13-15 cookies
1 ½ cups almond meal
1 cup gluten free oat flour
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup pure maple syrup
Pinch Himalayan crystal salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup melted coconut oil
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C/338 F and line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix almond meal, oat flour and baking soda.
- Once mixed, add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and combine using wooden spoon until get a dough like consistency. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using your hands or a small scooping spoon, remove a heaped tablespoon amount of the batter. Roll into balls then flatten into cookie shapes one by one placing onto baking tray as you go.
- Bake for 10 mins or until lightly golden brown.