I don’t remember when it was, but there was definitely a distinct line drawn in the sand at some point in which the very notion of work-life balance just got thrown out the window for me.
These days, when juggling business, family and life, I very often find myself rushing from one thing to the next, including post workout, when I often don’t have time for an outfit change, let alone a shower. So I’ve become pretty skilled at ‘faking it’ after exercise.
Here’s how to fake a shower after exercise:
- Dry yourself off with your hand towel and also paper towels (if you are particularly sweaty). Pat yourself dry, then wipe down your face and all your bits with face wipes. I like to also wash my underarms with soap and water at the bathroom sink. I call this a bird bath!
- Once you are clean and dry, apply a good quality deodorant. I prefer cream based deodorant sticks. A spritz of some light fresh fragrance also works to fake that fresh-out-of-the-shower scent.
- Any number of ‘dos can disguise your greasy tresses. I like an ultra tight, sleek high bun or high ponytail, regular braids or the perennial favorite a messy bun. My fine, straight-haired friends also swear by a spritz of some dry shampoo in their hair to absorb excess oils and moisture. They say, after a couple sprays and a few brushes, your hair will look freshly styled.
- Since you haven’t had a chance to properly cleanse your face, it’s essential to keep your makeup minimal to avoid clogging your pores and ending up with a breakout. I like to just use cheek and lip tint (it’s nice on your eyelids too) and a swipe of mascara to make my face look fresh, even if the rest of me isn’t.
- Obviously if you don’t have time for an outfit change or a shower, you need to make sure your workout clothes are anti-microbial, odour resistant and quick-drying too.
Team Sporteluxe’s loves these smart ‘shower dodge’ products:
Shop → Rexona Clinical Protection Summer Strength, $14.73
Shop → KLORANE Dry Shampoo With Nettle, $14.95
Shop → Snow Leopard Zippered Sports Bra, $85.00
Shop → Models Prefer Colour Infusion Lip And Cheek Gel Tint, $12.99
Shop → Natio Spa Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion, $14.95