Everyone loves a good Sunday roast, and this lemon thyme chicken with desert lime stuffing is sure to hit just the right spot. This recipe is from Zoe Bingley-Pullin‘s newest cookbook, and we guarantee the whole family will go in for seconds, and even thirds (thanks to the kid-friendly ingredients). Keep scrolling for the complete recipe (and shopping list).
Lemon Thyme Chicken with Desert Lime Stuffing
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Cooking: 60-90 mins
Here’s what you’ll need
1 size 16 organic chicken
Fresh lemon thyme
Fresh or dried marjoram
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
3 slices multigrain bread
1 Spanish onion
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt Pepper
Small mixing bowl
3 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
1 small Spanish onion
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon seeded mustard
2 teaspoons sea salt
. bunch flat leaf parsley, washed
4 limes, cut in half
1 size 16 organic chicken, trimmed
2 tablespoons lemon thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried or fresh marjoram, finely chopped
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a small bowl mix together all of the rub ingredients, rub evenly over chicken.
- In a food processor add stuffing ingredients, except limes and blend to a rough consistency. Add more bread if too wet. Using latex gloves stuff the chicken, optional.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack in the baking tray and pour 1/2 – 1 cup water, this will increase the juiciness of the chicken. Place the limes in the roasting pan with the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven for about 60 minutes.
- To test if it is cooked, stick a skewer into the chicken and the juice should run clear.
Tip: Australian desert limes are an extremely versatile fruit. They can be used in any recipe in replace of normal limes or lemons. Desert limes require no peeling or preparation and can be frozen for later use. You can use conventional limes.
Falling in Love with Food is Zoe Bingley-Pullin’s latest cookbook. With over 80 delectable recipes for the whole family to enjoy, it is a must-have in every kitchen.
Falling in Love with Food is due to be released in October.