Constantly plagued by doubts and negative thoughts? These simple yet effective tricks will help reframe your thinking.
- Appreciate the good things: Is there is a situation challenging you that you’re feeling negative about? Try to identify, and write out, some positive aspects about the problem instead. Focusing attention on anything about the situation you can be grateful for will help you take a more positive approach to the problem as a whole.
- Create an inspiring vision: The images we replay on the screen of our mind create our world. So, rather than replaying old ideas that are totally uninspiring, create an image of what you are working towards. See yourself embodying the qualities of the person you wish to be and living a life you dream of.
- Be your own cheerleader: Your inner cheerleader is that supportive, loving and empowering inner voice that believes in you. When your nasty inner critic rears her ugly head, channel your inner cheerleader for guidance and support. This approach will fill your mind with positive thoughts and help you move forward with ease.
- Create positivity reminders: When you are tired or feeling flat your mind can easily drift to negative thoughts. So, make sure you surround yourself with positive prompts to keep you on track. Write uplifting quotes on post-it notes, change your phone and computer desktop screensavers to images that make you smile and keep a fun playlist of happy tunes or inspiring talks on your iPod for times when you need a mood boost
- Slow your mind: When our mind is racing at a million miles, it can be hard to consciously choose positive thoughts over negative ones. So, find your own personal practice to help slow your mind. Whether it is getting to a yoga class, having a long hot bath or practicing meditation, quietening your mind will help you plant seeds of positivity.