Looking for a tempting summer dessert that won’t send your healthy diet into a tailspin? Take advantage of all the delicious fruits that are in season and try these chocolate fruit skewers to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Indulgent chocolate fruit skewers
Preparation time: 20 minutes
What you’ll need:
Papaya, sliced into long pieces
Peach, sliced into long pieces
For the cherry ganache:
150 g dark chocolate roughly chopped, roughly chopped
150 ml double cream
100 g amarena cherries
- Melt the chocolate in heatproof bowls set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not in contact with the water. Use a separate bowl for each type of chocolate.
- Next make the ganache. Slowly add the cream to a bowl of melted dark chocolate, stirring until they are well combined. When the mixture is combined, add the cherries.
- Cut a small line along the length of the dates and remove the stones. Pipe the cherry ganache into the dates.
- Dip raspberries and strawberries in melted El Blanco, and the peaches and papaya in melted Peruvian Gold Chulucanas 70. Place on greaseproof paper.
- Dip the almonds in melted Rio Caribe 72. To dip the nuts, use sharply pointed cocktail sticks. Stick one into the nut and dip into the chocolate, and use the other to push the nut off the stick and onto the greaseproof paper.
- Leave fruit and nuts to set in the fridge.
Buy: Willie’s Chocolate Bible RRP $39.99
With over 150 delicious recipes Willie’s Chocolate Bible is essential reading for health conscious chocolate lovers.