This delicious miso tuna dish is healthy, satisfying and ideal for all year round. It’s a great one to turn to on those nights you just couldn’t be bothered cooking for long, or as a dinner party dish that impresses. Thank us later!
Miso Marinated Tuna
Preparation/Cooking time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 4 hours
Gluten free; Nut free; Dairy free
- 4 x tuna steaks (or make kebabs with chunks on soaked wooden skewers)
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 bunches spring onions, white and pale green parts only
- ½ cup neutral oil
- 1 packet Chang’s Super Lo-Cal Wok-Ready Noodles
For the marinade:
- ½ cup white miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp Chang’s Light Soy Sauce
- ½ thumb ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Chang’s Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
What do to:
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish and place tuna in a single layer turning to coat completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for four hours.
- Bring back to room temperature before cooking. Prepare noodles as per instructions on pack. Reserve.
- Brush the char grill with oil and grill the tuna and the spring onions, cooking the tuna no more than medium rare.
- Arrange the noodles, spring onions and tuna on four plates and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the fish. Enjoy!