“Pad Thai is usually served with more noodles than meat and veggies,” says Clean Living experts Luke Hines and Scott Gooding. “This recipe, from our new book Clean Living Fast Food lifts it to a whole new level with tasty pork and prawns and carrots to replace the noodles. Yum!”
Prawn and Pork Pad Thai
2 tablespoons coconut oil 3 eggs (organic or biodynamic if possible), whisked 300 g pork mince 400 g green medium king prawns, peeled, deveined 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally 2 limes, zest finely grated, juiced ¼ cup Sweet Chilli Sauce (see recipe below) ¼ cup chopped fresh chives 1 cup fresh coriander leaves 4 carrots, peeled into long thin ribbons ½ cup raw macadamias, roasted, chopped
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the egg. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until cooked but not golden. Transfer the egg to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same wok over a high heat and add the pork. Stir-fry, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon, for 10 minutes or until cooked and golden. Add the prawns and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until just cooked. Remove the wok from the heat.
- Add the spring onion, lime zest and juice, sweet chilli sauce, chives, coriander leaves and carrot. Toss gently to combine, then transfer to a serving platter. Scatter over the cooked egg and macadamias, and serve.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Makes ¾ cup
6 long red chillies, thinly sliced diagonally 2 tablespoons maple syrup ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar 1 garlic clove, crushed
- To make the sweet chilli sauce, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until the chilli is very soft and the sauce has reduced. Cool in the pan.
- Transfer half the mixture to a food processor and process until smooth. Stir through the remaining unprocessed chilli mixture.
Want more healthy living inspiration?
We’re giving away four Clean Living book packs. Worth $119.95 each, the packs contains all four books in Luke and Scott’s Clean Living series.
For your chance to win subscribe to the Sporteluxe newsletter by clicking HERE.