Nobody wants to turn up to an important meeting, hot date or even a girlfriend brunch with terrible post workout hairstyle, but truth is, if you squeeze in an early morning sweat sesh, it can often be hard to work great hair too for the rest of the day.
While bad hair would never be good enough reason for us to skip our fave spin class or lunchtime run, we have rounded up three of our best go-to workout hairstyles that will both see you through a workout and the rest of the day that follows.
Each look is cool and would work in any environment, from gym to corporate office to a more creative space, as well.
3 post workout hairstyles
Relaxed high bun
- Shampoo and condition with John Frieda Frizz Ease Forever.
- Blow-dry your hair smooth. Mist your fingers with a finishing spray then, using them as a comb, pull your hair back into a high ponytail. (Tip your head over if that makes things easier.)
- Secure with a hairband and loop the hair into a bun, fastening with bobby pins.
- It doesn’t have to look absolutely perfect – a few loose strands can soften the look, saving you from coming across Prima Ballerina.
Messy undone braid
- Start with clean, washed hair. Spray through Tresemme Instant refresh Dry Shampoo for added texture and hold.
- Section and braid the hair down to the ends, then secure with a natural-coloured hair elastic.
- Spritz lightly with OGX Weightless Coconut Hydration for a touch of shine.
Easy tousled waves
- Before you exercise, work Tresemme Perfectly Undone Wave Creating foam into towel-dried hair from root to tip.
- Spritz lightly with Schwarzkoph Styliste Sea Salt Texture Spray, comb through, then twist into a low, loose bun and pin.
- Once you’ve finished your workout, undo the bun and comb through to leave perfectly (un)done tousled waves.