Frozen Raspberry Mousse Cake
This gluten– and refined sugar-free Raspberry Mousse Cake is the perfect way to indulge. It is packed full of super foods to nourish your body as well as essential fatty acids to promote optimal health. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 8-10 serves… depending on how generously you cut your slices!
What you’ll need:
For the CRUST
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup goji berries
- 2 tbs hemp seeds
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
For the MOUSSE
- 3 cups frozen or fresh raspberries. If using frozen, allow them to thaw for 5-10 minutes
- ½ cup organic rice syrup
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 cup organic natural yoghurt (no added sugar) or coconut yoghurt for a dairy free alternative
- 2 tbs cacao nibs to top with
What to do:
- Blitz all of the crust ingredients in a food processer to form a dense crumb consistency.
- Press mixture evenly into a small-spring form cake tin to form a base.
- Place in the freezer to set whilst you prepare the filling.
- Blitz the raspberries until pureed, then add the rice syrup and avocado. Pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the cake tin on top of the base and place in the freezer to set for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, top the cake with cacao nibs and allow to thaw for around 5 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the freezer for up to 1 week, slightly thawing each slice before serving.
The Healthy Ingredient