Zucchini Pasta with Kale Camu Pesto
- 800g zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large avocados
FOR THE KALE CAMU PESTO:
- 2 cups (80g) firmly packed mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, dill and parsley
- 1/2 cup (75g) raw almonds
- 3/4 cup (185ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for storing
- 3 tablespoons Bioglan Kale Powder
- ½–1 clove garlic, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Bioglan Camu Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bioglan Spirulina Powder
- ground black pepper
- Create the raw zucchini pasta using either a spiraliser, vegetable peeler or mandolin. Place in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and set aside.
- To make the pesto, place all ingredients in a food processer and blend to combine into a beautifully textured oil. You can increase the quantity of oil for a thinner consistency. Spoon into a jar and top with some extra virgin olive oil to maintain colour for storing.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl and mash until smooth. Add 1/2 cup (125ml) of the pesto and mix well. Toss through zucchini pasta until evenly coated.
Tip: Store any remaining pesto in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve topped with some extra fresh herbs, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or shredded poached chicken.
This recipe has been created by Jacqueline Alwill from the Bioglan SuperFoods Kitchen Cookbook.