Planning a healthy morning tea for friends? Or just fancy an easy-to-make treat? Either way, we dare you to try and stop at just one of these guilt-free raw coconut and lime cheesecakes. They’re almost too moreish to share…
Raw Coconut & Lime Cheesecakes
Free from dairy & gluten
- 1 cup (110g) walnuts
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (50g) Bioglan Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- shredded coconut and lime zest, to garnish, optional
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup (50g) desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put walnuts, almond meal, coconut oil and honey or syrup in a food processor. Process until combined but still slightly chunky. Press mixture into base of six 1/3 cup (80ml) capacity silicone muffin moulds. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, add drained cashews and remaining ingredients to cleaned food processor. Process until completely smooth.
- Pour filling onto bases. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until completely firm and set. Bring cheesecakes to room temperature before serving, garnished with shredded coconut and grated lime zest (if using).
Tip: You will need about 3 large limes for this recipe.