When winter strikes it is only a matter of time before cold and flu is passed around the office like a colleague’s birthday cake. “I can’t afford to get sick right now, ” becomes a popular catch phrase, as we all know being run down is debilitating, inconvenient and let’s be frank, no fun.
So if you’re sick of popping Codral like it’s going out of fashion and are looking for a more natural approach to illness prevention, Amazonia’s new Immunity Plan could be just the thing.
A team of Amazonia nutrition and health experts have developed an immunity-boosting program under the philosophy that ‘prevention is better than cure’. Built as a four-week program to undertake during the winter months or as an ongoing health management approach, Amazonia’s Immunity Plan is designed to keep you feeling and performing your best all year round.
We’ve had a look and there are no wheat grass shots in sight; just a holistic approach to health management combining delicious recipes and essential nutrients to naturally support and strengthen your body’s immune system.
The Immunity Plan works through a five-pillar approach for all-year-round wellness:
- Nourishing: The body is nourished through eating a balanced, wholefood diet to ensure you receive all the nutrients you need to stay health and strong.
- Vitamin C: Amazonia Raw Vitamin C formula contains over 500mg of wholefood vitamin C per serve, essential to fight and prevent illness. Plus it is jam packed with prebiotics, probiotics and aloe vera to aid digestion and absorption.
- Further Immune Support: The plan includes a cold & flu relief spray and Raw Immune blend to provide targeted relief to congestion and assist overall immunity.
- Attack Plan: Should sickness strike, the plan includes an attack phase to help you recover faster.
- Lifestyle Support – moving and resting: Lifestyle suggestions to further aid your health and wellbeing, such as moving the body each day, reducing stress and ensuring adequate rest, all of which support health immune function.
For a little taste tester, why not try these super-easy recipes below to kick-start your immune system and take charge of your health. We love them both!
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 serve Amazonia Raw immune
- 1 tbsp Amazonia Raw vanilla protein (optional)
What to do: just combine in blender and enjoy.
Soothing Vitamin C Ginger Tonic
- 250ml water
- 1 serve Amazonia Raw vitamin C
- 1-2 tsp grated or sliced ginger
What to do: boil water with the ginger. Let cool a little until it is warm, then add in the Raw vitamin C and stir.
TIP: If you’re suffering from congestion, try one (or several) of these natural relief techniques: sauna, eucalyptus oil inhalation, Epsom salt bath, fenugreek seeds tea or even a colonic, which can be beneficial for easing that achy feeling that comes with the flu.
A dedicated story for Amazonia.