These delicious waffles are healthy and a perfect winter warmer brunch or snack option that are as tasty as they look. Go on, treat someone you love!
Rye and berry waffles
Serves: 4 to 6
Time: 25 minute
- 300g blueberries
- 100g rye flour
- 100g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- chopped hazelnuts, to serve
What to do:
- Blitz 200g of the blueberries in a food processor to make a sauce, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in the centre and stir in the milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and yoghurt. Gently stir in the remaining blueberries.
- Heat the waffle iron, brush with oil and pour batter into the compartments. Cook according to the machine instructions, transferring the waffles to a wire rack as you go.
- Serve topped with yoghurt, the blueberry sauce and hazelnuts.