This posture is great for promoting balance and light heartedness. It also tones the butt and legs! Want to give it a try? Here’s how…
- From the top of your mat, bring your palms to touch at your chest, putting your thumbs to your heart.
- Standing on your right leg, lift your left thigh so it’s parallel to the ground.
- Pull your navel gently towards your spine to access your core strength.
- Inhale here. Then exhale and very slowly shoot your left leg back behind you.
- Press into your left heel and square your hips downward.
- Keep your core switched on whole time.
- Breathe deeply for five breaths.
- Repeat the posture on the other side.
Photography by Chris Lew