Dubai does everything big. It is the largest populated city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is known for its innovative architecture (like the tallest building in the WORLD) and a huge nightlife scene. Beyond its fab shopping and expensive hotel rooms, the wellness scene is starting to make its debut and we got the inside scoop from Dubai resident Claire Falconer
, a native Australian, has lived in Dubai for the past 10 years. She has made a name as a personal trainer, wellness and foodie fanatic. Whether it’s a fun activity, workout class or healthy restaurant you’re after, we have it all here.
Image from Instagram user @clairefalconer_
Fun fitness activities:
Hit the beach to find activities like surfing, stand up paddleboarding and yoga at Surf House. Or for wakeboarding and wakesurfing with some seriously good views, Sea Riders is a go-to.
Image from Instagram user @surfhousedubai
Places to get your sweat on:
As a personal trainer, Claire knows the best spots for many different types of workouts. She says that while Dubai does have all the big names that can be found in the US (Barrys Boot Camp/Orange Theory/Physique 51, to name a few) these are some of her fav boutique studios.
1. For Boot Camp, CrossFit, HITT classes try out Bare.
2. Platform Fitness which offers pilates, yoga, HITT classes, gym, boxing and more.
3. For an intense Crossfit only workout check out Innerfight.
4. Trident wellness center is great for all things yoga, relaxation, meditation, and workshops.
5. Urban Yoga Dubai is a cool NYC inspired yoga studio.
Image from Instagram user @urbanyogadubai
Get some rest and rejuvenation at a health retreat:
1. Active Escapes Dubai
2. The Retreat
Image from Instagram user @activeescapes.dubai
Explore healthy options to eat:
1. Single FIN is the best place for poke bowls and acai bowls.
2. Comptoir 102 is super yummy with all things healthy, sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan and more!
3. Life’n One Wellbeing Center is the coolest little garden cafe that has yoga, healing workshops and pilates with an all vegan, gluten-free menu.
4. Sesame has yummy quality super healthy food.
Image from Instagram user @singlefindubai