While we’re all for maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle all year round and embracing the beauty of healthy food swaps, Christmas is a time to give yourself permission to enjoy all the foods you love (within reason) and ditch the guilt.
Food blogger and recipe developer, Leah Itsines, is a true believer of this and has just released her first festive e-book; My Easy Christmas Recipes. It gives you a personal insight into Christmas with the Itsines family as Leah shares her family’s favourite Aussie and Greek Christmas treats along with some new and creative versions of all your go-to Christmas desserts.
Here, Leah shares her recipe for these easy, 3 ingredient Nutella truffles that are a little bit naughty but a whole lot nice. We love how she has packaged them to give it a cute little personalised touch! They’re the perfect favour for whether you’re playing host yourself or attending a Christmas event as a guest.
Prep time: 25 Minutes plus setting time
Cook time: 5 Minutes
1. Combine Nutella and Rice Bubbles, cover and refrigerate until set (approximately 1 hour)
2. Roll tablespoons of Nutella mix (wear disposable gloves because this step is messy!).
3. Place on a lined tray in the freezer for at least an hour until firm.
4. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
5. Dip frozen balls in the chocolate using a fork so the excess chocolate can drip off. Return to a clean baking tray and refrigerate until set. Keep refrigerated in warm weather.
Tip: If using white chocolate, get a little extra and do a double coat.
Leah Itsines’ e-book, My Easy Christmas Recipes is available now. Shop here.