Once upon a time (and not that long ago) there was a common misconception that taking protein powder as a woman would make you ‘big’ or ‘bulky’.
What’s promising, is that now, we’re finding that more and more women are ditching this fear and embracing protein powder for what it can be—a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet. What’s even better is that women don’t have to miss out on the many other health benefits protein powder can offer, beyond maintaining lean muscle and toning up.
You may remember this recent article where we highlighted how organic protein powder brand, Happy Way, contains all-natural ingredients that did all sorts of wonderful things like improve digestion, balance hormones, increase energy levels, libido and help boost your immunity at the same time.
Catering to their female fans, Happy Way is free from preservatives, artificial sweeteners and flavours and contain only good-for-you, gut-loving ingredients—which is why we were super stoked when we found out they’ve just added a new flavour to their already impressive range: Peanut Butter!
Here’s a list of some of the ingredients you’ll find in their latest addition and the benefits that come with it:
This flour is a great low-carb alternative to wheat flour. It’s also gluten free and high in fibre.
High in fibre making it great for weight management and digestive health.
Contains Omega 3 and are rich in antioxidants which help fight free radicals in the body.
A natural sugar substitute that contains little to no calories. This plant-based sweetener has just the right amount of sweetness that will have you feeling #guiltfree.
To celebrate the launch of the new flavour, the Sporteluxe team shares some of their favourite ways to use Happy Way’s Peanut Butter Protein Powder:
Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend well until smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
1. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together until a smooth batter forms.
2. Heat frypan or pancake maker. Grease with butter or coconut oil and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side.
3. Serve with desired toppings (we love strawberries or blueberries).
1. To get the mousse nice and fluffy, whip the coconut cream in a high-powered blender (we can’t go past a Vitamix).
2. Throw in the protein powder, sweetener and extra spoonful of peanut butter if desired.
3. Fold through for desired consistency.
4. Place in fridge to set.
5. Serve with caramalised banana slices or dark choc chips.
1. Add all ingredients (expect desiccated coconut) into a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until ingredients are combined and mixture sticks together. If the mixture is too wet, add more oats.
2. Roll mixture into balls of your desired size.
3. Roll balls in desiccated coconut.
4. Store in airproof container and refrigerate.
Visit happyway.com for more.