There are two types of people in this world. Those who are obsessed with their Vitamix, and those who don’t know what they’re missing out on!
The Vitamix today is what a microwave has been over the decades—a kitchen staple that people can’t seem to live without. A favourite amongst nutritionists, chefs and smoothie enthusiasts alike, the Vitamix is the high-performance blender to own, and for good reason.
There really isn’t anything a Vitamix can’t do. From homemade guacamole, dips and spreads to healthy salad dressings, soups and frozen desserts, not only does a Vitamix make the perfect gift this Christmas (who doesn’t love a gift that keeps on giving!) this must-have tech appliance also makes living a healthier life (and meal prepping) that much easier—yep, we’re calling it.
Looking to get creative with your Vitamix? Or perhaps you’re in need of some recipe inspo coming into the holiday season? Below are 4 recipes courtesy of Vitamix that we bet you didn’t realise you could make in your blender! These, of course, can be tweaked with healthy food substitutes to suit your dietary requirements.
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Place flour, yeast and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
3. Select Variable 1.
4. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Blend for 5 seconds. Turn machine off and remove lid plug.
5. Select Variable 6.
6. Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
7. Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a ball forms.
8. After ball has formed, Pulse continuously for 10 to 15 seconds.
9. With floured hands, remove dough and form into a round ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning over to grease all around. Let rise 10 minutes for a thin crust. Divide dough in two and stretch each ball into a 30 cm (12-inch) pizza crust and top as desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Strawberry ice cream (naughty but nice)
Makes: 4 servings Total time: 10 minutes Ingredients
¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
120 ml (½ cup) milk
120 ml (½ cup) thickened cream
65 g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
400 g (2¼ cup) frozen strawberries
Directions 1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. 2. Select Variable 1. 3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. 4. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. After about 30 seconds, the sound of the motor should change and four mounds will form. 5. Stop machine. Serve immediately. Notes Freeze unused ice cream in an airtight container. When ready to use, allow to soften at room temperature for 8-10 minutes before serving.
80g raw cashews, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
½ vanilla bean, soaked and halved
Directions 1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and firmly secure lid. 2. Select Variable 1. 3. Start machine and slowly increase to highest speed. 4. Blend for 50 seconds to 1 minute, or until desired consistency is reached. Top tip: Head to Vitamix.com for more non-dairy, nut milk recipes including rice milk and almond milk!
Makes 2 cups
Total time 10 minutes Ingredients
590 g (4 cups) unsalted peanuts, roasted
Directions 1. Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid. 2. Select Variable 1. 3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades. 4. In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low labouring sound. Stop machine. 5. Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage. Caution: Over processing will cause overheating to your machine. Do not process for more than 1 minute after mixture starts circulating freely. Visit Vitamix.com to check out their range of high-powered blenders, plus their newly released cups and bowlsfor your all meal prep needs!
This is a paid article by Vitamix
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.