As adulting members of society, free time can be downright difficult to come by. But when it actually is available, we know just how easy it is to get sucked into the habitual Netflix-and-Insta-scroll-athon. And at some point (usually right after the season finale) the same old routine gets old and we’re left wondering: what now? (Yeah, not speaking from experience or anything here). Enter: hobbies. Oh yeah, those old things! Indulging in a hobby is a surefire way to decompress and relax while making your free time more meaningful. We’ve got physical hobbies that release endorphins and boost your mood, brainy and problem-solving hobbies that help sharpen the mind, and a variety of hands on hobbies that can help you develop new skills and uncover hidden talents. The possibilities are endless! We’ve rounded up 44 hobby ideas that will help you make the most of your free time. Here’s all we ask: stick to what you genuinely want to do, not what you think you should do. Happy hobbying! 1. Start home-brewing kombucha. 2. Scout flea markets and local thrift stores for vintage scores. 3. Sign up for a Skillshare class. 4. Create an Instagram album IRL through scrapbooking. 5. Plant seeds and grow your own seasonal herbs or produce.
6. Take a local art class – perhaps painting, pottery or photography? 7. Start a wine tasting club. 8. Bring out those old boxes of puzzles (pairs well with the aforementioned wine club). 9. Bake something new once a week. 10. Pick up a new musical instrument. 11. Give running a second chance. 12. Volunteer with kids or pups! 13. Take your usual happy hour outside and discover new hiking trails.
14. Learn a magic trick or two to keep up your sleeve. 15. Learn how to code (like a Kloss). 16. Pick up knitting, crochet or macrame. 17. Don’t hate, meditate. 18. Master a new language. 19. Shake it off in dance class. 20. Join a club sports team. Bowling league, anyone?
21. Try your hand at calligraphy. 22. Actually start that book club. 23. Go camping. 24. Take your practice a step further and try aerial or acro yoga. 25. Get invested in learning about investing. 26. Start your own podcast. 27. DIY face masks and beauty products. 28. Learn to surf.
29. Start a monthly moon or women’s circle. 30. Color your way through an adult coloring book. 31. Shibori or tie dye (bonus: your handiwork will make great gifts!). 32. Try an acting, improv or theatre class. 33. Study something you’re passionate about – nutrition, astrology, interior design, you name it. 34. Join a community garden.
35. Learn how to make slime (#oddlysatisfying). 36. Commit to a gratitude journal. 37. Bring back your favorite childhood card games. 38. Try out your favorite beauty blogger tutorials.
39. Grab a telescope and study the stars. 40. Play with flowers to create your own floral designs. 41. Nail your nail art game. 42. Snail mail love notes to friends and fam.
43. Test out different soaks and bath bombs to become a self-proclaimed bathleisure queen. 44. Stop procrastinating and start that passion project.
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.