With Mother’s Day just around the corner we thought of the perfect present you can surprise your mum with. Breakfast in bed and what mother doesn’t love a surprise like this? So in order to get you started, I’ve shared one of my favourite Mother’s Day recipes that will not only pop a smile on your mums face but keep her full of energy all day long.
LEMON COCONUT BIRCHER WITH SEASONAL FRUITS
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/4 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup greek yoghurt or coconut milk for dairy free option
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup sultanas
- 4 ¼ cups boiling water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well and soak overnight.
- The following morning, divide equally between 4 bowls and top with freshly sliced or grated seasonal fruits and toasted chopped nuts and serve.