Image credit: At Dusk Photography
The perfect on-the-go breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up snack! Swap your coffee or naughty treat for this guilt-free wonder. Chia is not only rich in Omega-3 and high in protein, but an ancient energy food source that is guaranteed to boost your energy levels!
Coconut Chia Seed Pudding
Serves: 3 small cups
½ cup chia seeds
½ cup water
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix chia seeds and water and leave for 1 minute until seeds thicken .
- Mix in remaining ingredients (adding in milk last) to combine.
- Mix well so there are no lumps and pour into individual cups or small dishes.
- Place into fridge and leave overnight to set .
- Top with fruit of choice, coconut yoghurt or homemade granola!
Tip: To make a chocolate version, simply omit the coconut for 1 tbsp. of raw cacao powder. Delicious!