I love this dish for so many reasons. It’s the type of nourish bowl you can eat at absolutely anytime of day and it’s guaranteed to make you feel great. It’s incredibly easy on digestion, incorporating gluten free ingredients of carbohydrate from quinoa and fibre from green vegetables. There’s great source of protein from eggs to replenish your body and keep you mentally on your game. And with an avo slide and seeds to finish we incorporate the healthiest fats we can get our hands on. Delicious balance all in a bowl. Enjoy!
TIP: This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, vegetarian and Paleo diet-friendly.
Green quinoa bowl with avo slide
- 2 eggs
- 2 stalks broccolini
- 1 kale leaf, stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 silverbeet leaf
- 1 teaspoon mixed seeds
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- few sprigs parsley leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, remove from heat and blanch broccolini for about 2 minutes in the boiling water before dropping into a small bowl of cold water to refresh. Set broccolini aside.
- Place saucepan back on the heat and bring to boil once again for the eggs.
- Drop eggs in gently and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water once cooked and place into a bowl of cold water briefly before peeling.
- Whist eggs are cooking, massage olive oil and lemon juice into the shredded kale leaves.
- Arrange kale leaves into bowl to serve, followed by silverbeet, broccolini, herbs, eggs sprinkled with seeds and finish with the sliced avocado or ‘avo slide’.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.