Easter Monday is a lot like Boxing Day. The celebrations are over, the food has been consumed and we’re left feeling hungover or full…or both.
But unlike Christmas, where we stuff ourselves full of turkey, Easter is all about chocolate and so it comes with a different type of hangover, a sugar one. But this year, why not save yourself the headache by making this chocolate bark instead?
Made with rich, dark chocolate and infused with vanilla bean it’s seriously creamy. Add almonds, cranberries and pistachios, and it tastes just like fruit and nut, only healthy.
Chocolate Bark Recipe
200g dark chocolate, 70% minimum
1 pinch of sea salt
1 Vanilla Bean*, sliced lengthways and seeds removed
2 tablespoons almonds, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons cranberries, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer. Cover the top with a tightly fitting glass bowl, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Add the chocolate, Heilala Vanilla Bean seeds and a pinch of sea salt to the bowl and allow to melt. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir to ensure it has all melted.
- Using a spoon, carefully drop chocolate onto the baking paper. Mould the chocolate to your desired shapes and thickness – odd looking circles always look great!
- Sprinkle the chocolate shapes with a mixture of the almonds, pistachios and cranberries.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy straight from the fridge.
*We used Heilala Vanilla Bean as it’s sustainable, organic and 100% natural.
For more healthy chocolate ideas, make your own raw vegan version. If you’re using it as a cheat day instead, try this easy egg mug cake recipe.