New York based model turned Le Cordon Bleu chef Candice Kumai is the epitome of health. She’s passionate about wholefoods, juices and smoothies and her new book, Clean Green Drinks 100+ Recipes to Renew & Restore Your Body and Mind, is full of nutrient-packed sips.
We asked Candice to share some of her fave healthy hotspots in NYC!
- I enjoy working out at the Bar Method Soho. A wonderful group of women who are all fit, healthy, and inspiring.
- I love the staff at Exhale Spa. You can do anything here from a core workout or yoga to massage or a facial.
- I recommend Miss Lily’s Juice Bar on West Houston Street for a plethora of fresh simple juices. They were the juicing pioneers in New York.
- ABC Kitchen by the great chef Jean-Georges. The menu is truly exquisite and the produce frequently comes from the farmers market around the corner.
- If you want real Japanese in the city, go to any of the Totto restaurants, such as Yakitori Totto or Soba Totto.
- Some of my other fave places to eat out include: Restaurant Marc Forgione, Kin Shop, Hearth, Khe Yo and Minetta Tavern.
- Head over to Brooklyn where there are so many delicious places to as well! Egg, Oyster Bar & Restaurant and Le Barricou are all amazing. And there are too many more great places to name!