Here’s a healthy twist to an old Aussie favourite. My gluten-free and lactose-free strawberry lamington cake is sure to be a hit on Australia day. This cake provides plenty of protein to help keep blood sugar levels balanced, antioxidant-rich phenols and beneficial unsaturated fats for heart health, magnesium for healthy nervous system function, and zinc and vitamin C to support immune health.
Strawberry Lamington Cake
By naturopath and IsoWhey Wholefoods influencer, Lisa Guy
gluten free & lactose free
1 3/4 cup almond meal
1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
4 organic eggs
1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
5 large strawberries and extra for decorating
For the topping
½ cup organic cold pressed coconut oil*
2 tbsp organic cacao powder*
2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut cream
3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Place all cake ingredients in your food processor (except strawberries) and blitz until well combined.
- Stir through 5 large diced strawberries.
- Lightly grease a cake tin with coconut oil then pour in cake mixture.
- Bake on 180°C for 45 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the chocolate, place coconut oil, cacao, honey, and coconut cream in a small saucepan and gently stir on on low heat until well combined.
- Allow cake to completely cool then cover cake in chocolate mixture, spoon mixture down the sides so it is well covered. It will be a little runny but will set when you put it in the fridge.
- Cover cake with shredded coconut, pressing coconut around the sides of the cake. Then place in the fridge for 30 min to set.
- Top with strawberries and enjoy!