On nights when you’d rather Netflix and chill, give Donna Hay’s fuss-free seared salmon skewers with green tea noodles a try. This recipe is brimming with healthy fats and antioxidants, but is no less satisfying.
Seared Salmon Skewers with Green Tea Noodles
1 tablespoon dashi powder*
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons pickled ginger liquid, plus pickled ginger to serve
Cracked black pepper
800g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 2cm slices
400g green tea soba noodles*
*Dashi powder and green tea soba noodles are from Asian supermarkets.
- Place the dashi, sesame oil, pickled ginger liquid and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the salmon and half the marinade in a large bowl and gently toss to coat. Set aside marinade for 10 minutes. Thread the salmon onto 12 skewers.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add the skewers and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook the noodles in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and toss remaining marinade.
- Serve the skewers and noodles with pickled ginger.
Try this: Sprinkle over a little shichimi togarashi (Japanese spice mix) to add heat and finish the dish with a few sprigs of micro (baby) shiso leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Donna Hay Magazine
The latest Donna Hay Magazine is filled with best shortcut recipes for busy weeknights, one-pan desserts and melt-and-mix cakes.