We love this super-easy dish, created by delivery service The Cook’s Grocer, which makes healthy, home-cooked meals even easier.
“Making the most of the best seasonal produce is fundamental to eating well throughout the year,” says Tim Ryder, founder. “The undisputed hero in early Spring is asparagus. This dish keeps it simple. Oven baked asparagus with the best Tasmanian salmon, sweet cherry tomatoes and a delicious white bean mash to pack this dish with antioxidants, omega 3 and protein. Oven baked and on the table in just 20 minutes!”
TIP: This recipe is gluten free, sugar free and dairy free.
The Cook’s Grocer: Baked Salmon with Asparagus & White Bean Mash
What you’ll need:
- 2 x 180g fresh Tasmanian salmon fillets
- 2 x 400g tins of organic cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 200ºC on fan bake.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Trim the woody ends of the asparagus and cut in half on an angle lengthways. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. When oven is at 200ºC, place Salmon skin side down, whole cherry tomatoes and the asparagus on a lined baking dish. Place on the middle rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, rinse and drain beans. Heat a medium sized pot on a medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic, the leaves of the thyme and zest of the lemon and the beans and toss well to heat through. Remove from heat and then use a masher or folk to mash beans. Add ¼ cup of tap water and cook until the liquid has absorbed. To finish add olive oil, salt and pepper to your taste. Stir to combine.
- Place mash on plates and top with asparagus, salmon and tomatoes. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
ABOUT THE COOK’S GROCER:
The Cook’s Grocer is about great cooking made simple. They produce a healthy seasonal menu of ready to cook meals containing the finest locally sourced ingredients and simple to follow recipes, all designed to be to cooked in 30 minutes. They partner with Sydney’s leading nutritionists, chefs, and foodies to develop recipes that will inspire you in the kitchen, without the fuss of planning and shopping. They deliver these fantastic meals Sydney wide three times a week. Each meal is hand packed and measured to exact portions ensuring there is no waste.