Vegan Anzac Biscuits
½ cup spelt flour (or ½ cup of almond meal for a gluten-free option)
1 cup of organic maple syrup (or 1 ½ cups of blended medjool dates)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup rolled oats (substitute for flaked buckwheat for a gluten-free option)
1 cup chopped macadamias, pecans or almonds (optional)
½ cup of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of bicarb soda
1) Place all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2) Heat coconut oil in a pan with maple syrup (or dates) until it starts bubbling.
3) Remove from heat and then stir bicarb soda through.
4) Combine it with the dry ingredients to form a dough. Set mixture aside to cool.
5) Shape dough into biscuits and bake at 170° C for around 20 mins or until cooked. Set aside to cool.