Think a gluten-free diet means rules muffins out? Wrong! These savoury gluten free muffins from Parisian eatery No Glu’s first cookbook Good Without Gluten (Murdoch Books; $29.99) are a perfect snack! Written by No Glu’s three chefs by Frédérique Jules, Jennifer Lepoutre and Mitsuru Yanase, all the recipes are seriously delish!
Goat’s cheese and green olive muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
200 g gluten-free flour mix (try a combination of rice flour, cornflour and almond meal)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2½ tablespoons olive oil
110 ml rice milk
100 g goat’s cheese, crumbled
100 g pitted green olives
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Combine the flour mix and baking powder in a bowl. Beat the eggs with the olive oil and rice milk, then add the goat’s cheese, mixing well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix to produce a smooth batter.
- Add the olives and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line twelve 80 ml muffin holes with paper cases and divide the mixture between them.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown but remain springy to the touch.