Think a gluten-free diet means rules muffins out? Wrong! These savoury gluten free muffins from Parisian eatery No Glu’s first cookbook Good Without Gluten (Murdoch Books; $29.99) are a perfect snack! Written by No Glu’s three chefs by Frédérique Jules, Jennifer Lepoutre and Mitsuru Yanase, all the recipes are seriously delish!
Makes 12 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
200 g gluten-free flour mix (try a combination of rice flour, cornflour and almond meal)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2½ tablespoons olive oil
110 ml rice milk
100 g goat’s cheese, crumbled
100 g pitted green olives
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Combine the flour mix and baking powder in a bowl. Beat the eggs with the olive oil and rice milk, then add the goat’s cheese, mixing well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix to produce a smooth batter.
- Add the olives and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line twelve 80 ml muffin holes with paper cases and divide the mixture between them.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown but remain springy to the touch.