Not only a beautiful and elegant pose, The Wild Thing is fantastic for strengthening the arms and improving your backs flexibility.
- Start in the Downward Facing Dog position
- Open your left hip towards the ceiling and roll onto the outer edge of your right foot (side plank pose)
- Continue opening the hip and pivot on the ball of the left foot to bring yourself into a back-bend.
- Lift your hips higher until you curl more into a back-bend with your left foot solid on the ground.
- Stretch your right leg out
- Then to finish the pose, curl your head back and extend your left arm out while relaxing your jaw and breathe
- Now your doing The Wild Thing!