These little Citrus Nut Balls are one of my favourite bliss-out, pick-me-up snacks and they take absolutely no time at all to make.
They’re rich in beautiful nourishing fats from cashews, almonds, coconut and macadamias that help make your skin supple and glowing, and are bursting with antioxidant goodness from citrus fruits (orange and lemon) that helps reduce the oxidative effect on cells and skin ageing.
Whip a batch together and pop some in the freezer for snack times in the weeks ahead. Enjoy!
TIP: We’re huge fans of both nutrition and natural products here at Sporteluxe, which is why we were excited to hear about the collaboration between our regular contributor, nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill, and luxe beauty company Jurlique, which focuses on wellness as one of its brand pillars. Together, they will promote the importance of eating a nutritious well-balanced diet and taking care of your body inside and out, from October 5-19. This beautiful recipe is a great start!
How to make these raw citrus nut balls
Gluten free; dairy free; sugar free; vegetarian
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- desiccated coconut for rolling
What do to:
- Place cashews, almond, macadamia nuts and coconut in food processor and blitz until a fine crumb forms.
- Add remaining ingredients to processor and blitz again until a lovely raw dough is created.
- Remove from food processor and using a tablespoon, measure into balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut and refrigerate.
- Store in the fridge up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 1 month.