Looking for some clean dinner inspo? This Uccello poached chicken salad recipe is perfect. Fresh and light, it’s one of the special Monday Detox dishes that will be served at select Merivale venues every Monday this month as part of March into Merivale.
Uccello poached chicken with raw zucchini and smoked almonds
Ingredients1 size 12 chicken 3 medium zucchini 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, picked and stalks kept 200gm smoked almonds 3 dessert spoon white balsamic vinegar 3 dessert spoon olive oil Sea salt 1 carrot 1 stick celery Small onion
- Place chicken, carrot, celery, onion and parsley stalks into a large pot along with 2 dessert spoons of sea salt and enough cold water to cover. Place over a medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to gently simmer for 30-45 minutes or until you can feel the meat falling off the bones when squeezed with fingers or tongs. Leave to cool in the pot for 30-40 minutes.
- While your chicken is cooling, use a peeler to peel your zucchini into long ribbons that are the length of your zucchini.
- Carefully slice your almonds length ways. They’ll sliver and crumble a little which is great!
- Mix your white balsamic and olive oil together.
- Once you chook is cool enough to handle, remove from what is now your very own chicken stock (to be used for your next soup) and break into chunks, removing and discarding the bones.
- Put your chicken, zucchini ribbons, picked parsley and chopped almonds in a large mixing bowl. Add you dressing and a good pinch of salt.
- Give it a good mix, kinda squashing and gently tearing as you go. Taste for seasoning and acid (from your dressing). Adjust to taste.
- Pop it all into a big serving bowl or platter and dig in.