Actress and health enthusiast, Isabelle Cornish has shared her lemon, coconut and dark chocolate slice recipe for a guilt free treat, any time of the day. Free of refined sugars, the no-bake slice has a smooth and creamy texture that tastes just like an indulgent dessert. Store it in the fridge for an on-the-go snack, or share with the whole family (warning: you may want to keep these to yourself!)
Lemon Coconut and Dark Choc Slice
Prep: 25 mins
Total time: 5 hours (setting time)
Makes: 24 small bars
1⁄2 cup ground buckwheat groats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1⁄2 cup dates
1⁄2 cup (1 and 1⁄2 bars) Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Rich Dark
1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight or 5 hours 1⁄2 cup dates
2 tbsp. coconut milk **
1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
Juice of one large lemon 1 1⁄2 tbsp. lemon zest Pinch salt
2 bars Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Rich Dark 2 tbsp. coconut butter
1⁄2 tbsp. lemon zest for decorating
- Line a rectangular brownie tray with baking paper.
- For the first layer: process buckwheat groats and desiccated coconut in a food processor. Once texture is fine, add Well Naturally Chocolate followed by dates and melted coconut oil. Press mixture firmly into base of tin and place in freezer to set whilst making the second layer.
- Rinse soaked cashews. Process cashews until they reach a creamy texture, add dates and continue mixing. Add coconut milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, zest and salt. Process until smooth. **Depending on how long cashews were soaked, you may need to add extra coconut milk for easier blending.
- Spread cashew lemon filling on top of chocolate base.
- Place in freezer for 15-20 mins.
- For the icing: place a small saucepan of water on medium/low heat on the stovetop. Place chocolate and coconut butter into a glass or metal bowl over the top of the saucepan and allow to slowly melt, stirring continuously. (You can also microwave on low, checking every 30 seconds to mix well).
- Pour icing over slice and decorate with lemon rind and coconut.
- Place in freezer to set for 4+ hours.
- Once set, slice with a warm knife and store in freezer or fridge before serving.