There’s nothing more decadent than deliciously smooth chocolate oozing out of a freshly baked cookie. And if you’re looking for a guilt-free dessert to treat bae (or yourself) with this Valentine’s Day, look no further than these mouth-watering delights. With a hint of sea salt and crunchy roasted hazelnuts, it would be rude not to…
Gooey Salted Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (depending on taste)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter until well combined.
- Add egg to the wet mixture and whisk for a further 2-3 minutes, until light and bubbly.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, until just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls then flatten slightly on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and eat while warm!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days (Although they’re most likely to be gone by then!).
Visit www.jessicasepel.com for more.