Nothing says weekend indulgence more than a lazy morning spent cooking up these delicious ricotta and banana hotcakes. Guilt-free and so easy to make…all that’s left to do is enjoy these fluffy treats!
Guilt-Free Ricotta & Banana Hotcakes
2 eggs or 3 egg whites
3 large tbsp. ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. LSA mix or linseed meal, almond meal, sunflower meal
2 tbsp. psyllium husk
2 tsp. stevia/maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla powder/essence
1/2 mashed banana
2 tbsp. almond milk/cows milk ( your preference)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
Extra banana, walnuts, maple syrup – for topping
- Whisk all ingredients, except coconut oil, in a bowl until combined.
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup of mixture in to pan (pancake style). When bubbles being to develop, flip it onto other side. Continue with the rest of mixture.
- Serve with drizzled maple syrup, a sprinkle cinnamon and walnuts, warm banana bits or a dollop of ricotta.
- Enjoy these fluffy treats!