Looking for a fast and fresh dinner idea? We asked 10 Days to a Healthier You e-book author and nutritionist Kathleen Alleaume to share one of her fave healthy recipes with us. Packed full of goodness, the salmon with buckwheat noodles is also a cinch to prepare making it perfect mid-week fare.
Salmon with buckwheat noodles
2x 200g salmon fillets
1tbsp Miso paste
2tspn sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari
½ cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
200g 100% buckwheat (soba) noodles
- In a small bowl combine the miso paste with sesame oil and one tablespoon of hot water. Brush the salmon fillets with this marinade. Cover with foil and refrigerate for one hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix the tamari sauce, peanuts and lime juice.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Toss the sauce through the noodles, then cover to keep warm.
- Preheat grill to high. Place the salmon fillets under the grill and cook for three to four minutes then turn over and cook other side for three minutes.
- Divide noodles between two plates. Top with cooked salmon. Serve with two cups of greens, such as broccoli, bok choy, snow peas or green beans.