Whether you like to start your day with something sweet, wanting something warm and comforting to enjoy when it’s cold out or simply just looking for a healthy version of one of your favourite desserts, this Blueberry Crumble recipe by Leah Itsines ticks all the right boxes when it comes to both taste and nutrition.
Entirely free from refined sugar, the star ingredients include oats, almond meal and blueberries for fibre and antioxidant-filled sweet treat, with the sweetness coming from the berries themselves and a drizzle of maple syrup for extra indulgence.
We love how they’re prepared in single-serve portions so that you can make on the weekend and even keep them for busy mornings before you rush out the door. Simply serve with some COYO or your choice of yoghurt for a truly delectable breakfast or dessert that tastes a little bit naughty but is oh-so nice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
450g Macro Certified Organic Frozen Blueberries
¼ cup of water
1 cup of Macro Certified Organic Australian Rolled Oats
1 cup of Macro Australian Almond Meal
¼ maple syrup
¼ cup of Macro Certified Organic Coconut Oil, melted
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a small non-stick pan, heat blueberries for 10 minutes with the water on low heat.
3. To make the crumble, add all ingredients under “crumble” to a mixing bowl and mix well with your hands. You want to grab a handful of the mixture and squeeze it and for it to stick together.
4. In 3 small ramekins, evenly divide the berries into the bottom and top with the crumble.
5. Place into the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.