Nutella is one of our all-time favourite treats, and this chocolate-hazelnut-inspired recipe doesn’t disappoint. Oh, and did we mention it’s paleo-friendly?
These bars make on-the-go snacking so easy, with a simple, fail-proof recipe, wholesome ingredients, pretty finish and, most importantly, delicious taste!
Nutella Paleo Buckinis Bars
Makes 8 bars
For the bars
3 cups Loving Earth Protein Power Paleo Mix (Certified by Australian Organic)
¼ cup Loving Earth Shredded Coconut (Certified by Australian Organic)
½ cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 ripe banana
¼ cup Loving Earth Hazelnut Chocolate Butter (Certified by Australian Organic)
2 Tbsp Loving Earth Coconut Nectar (Certified by Australian Organic)
For the marbled chocolate top
40g Loving Earth Dark Chocolate (Certified by Australian Organic)
20g Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate (Certified by Australian Organic)
- Add the dates, banana, coconut nectar and hazelnut butter to a food processor. Blend on high until smooth, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the Paleo Mix and coconut to the same bowl, and mix until uniform.
- Press mix into a tray lined with baking paper until firm and uniform (you want to compact the bars, so they stick together). Set in fridge.
- Remove bars from the fridge and allow to warm while you melt the chocolate (to stop the chocolate from setting too quickly).
- Melt both chocolates independently, in separate heatproof bowls over a steaming hot water bath. *To ensure the chocolate stays raw, use a thermometer to ensure the mix doesn’t go over 45 degrees Celsius.
- Pour dark chocolate over the bars, moving quickly to ensure you have time to get a marbled effect.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the salted caramel chocolate over the dark chocolate layer in a random fashion. Use a toothpick to marble the two layers together.
- Set in the fridge. Once set, remove from fridge and cut into desired bar shapes. Store in the fridge (for 1 week) or freezer (for up to 3 weeks)