These little bites can be enjoyed for brekkie, lunch, dinner or snack time! Quick, easy and of course delish!
Zucchini, bacon and dill bites
Makes 25 bites
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
2 medium zucchinis, grated
2 rashers bacon, diced (free range and nitrate-free if possible)
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 eggs whisked
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tbs. fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the grated zucchinis in a bowl and use paper towel to squeeze out excess liquid.
- Add the bacon, shallots, dill and eggs to the zucchinis. Stir well.
- Sift the coconut flour into the zucchini mixture, season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined – by now your tricep should be saying hello!
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and make into a bite sized ball. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place the bites onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Try serving with a side of delish homemade guacamole!
Want more paleo recipe inspiration? Check out The Merrymaker Sisters’ brand new mini eBook series. Titles include Make Your Bread Paleo, Make Your Kids’ Party Paleo and Make It Sweet – Minus The Sugar! Get your copy here