Christmas doesn’t mean forgetting your healthy lifestyle but it’s also definitely not a time to miss out on delicious Christmas sweet treats either! This paleo gingerbread cookie recipe is festive and freaking delicious!
Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
300g almond meal
1 tbs ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp baking powder (gluten free)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbs raw honey
1 tsp 100% vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Leave this for now.
- In a food processor, whiz the coconut oil, raw honey, vanilla extract and egg until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and whiz to form a dough. The mixture will be quite moist.
- Take out the mixture and knead a little to form a ball.
- Place the mixture between two pieces of baking paper and roll out to 3mm thick. Place this into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once refrigerated, cookie-cut into desired shapes, such as stars and Christmas trees! Place them carefully onto a lined baking tray (you will need two trays).
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
To make these cookies even more drool worthy dip them in to our easy paleo chocolate. All kinds of amazing!
Want more paleo recipe inspiration? Check out The Merrymaker Sisters’ brand new mini eBook series. Titles include Make Your Bread Paleo, Make Your Kids’ Party Paleo and Make It Sweet – Minus The Sugar!
Get your copy here.