Skip the store-bought dog treats and go homemade with this nutritious sweet potato and peanut butter treat recipe from PAW by Blackmores. With just a few key ingredients, you can make them in the comfort of your home, in no time at all.
Your furry friend will thank you for reading this (especially considering it’s Australia’s first ever official Pet Appreciation Week!)
Sweet Potato & Peanut Butter Doggie Treats
2 cups of wholemeal flour
1 cup of roasted sweet potato – mashed
2 tbs of rolled oats
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until it’s a workable dough.
- Sprinkle flour on a hard surface.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter and place evenly on a baking tray.
- Cook in an oven at 180 C for 20mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the treats to completely cool.
Just remember, these are only to be used for special occasions, they’re not an everyday treat!
Australian Pet Appreciation Week
(June 5 – June 12)
Australia is home to over 25 million pets, more than the country’s population, with most families seeing their four legged friend as part of the family. PAW by Blackmores will this week pay tribute to our furry friends, with the aim of showcasing the importance of appreciating our pets and their health.
“From baking special healthy treats for your dog, to stimulating the kitten in your cat, it really doesn’t take much to show your appreciation for your pet in a healthy way,” said Pet Expert Dr Katrina Warren.