It doesn’t take a genius to work out that Kayla Itsines has more motivation than most. At 26, she’s the world’s number one fitness influencer and the creator of training guides used by millions of girls all over the world. She’s released a book and an app. But arguably her biggest achievement to date is that in between training clients—and running the world—she manages to wake up early every day and train herself.
Yep, unlike you and I, Kayla doesn’t skip her workouts. Whether she’s preparing for a live session in London or planning her next move for world domination in Australia, she makes exercise a priority. She’s motivated, disciplined and has her habits in check. So what does Kayla know that we don’t? Well, she’s about to tell us—she’s releasing a new book and that’s exactly what it’s about.
Launching later this year, The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide is a cover-to-cover bible about finding motivation and building good habits. It draws on more than 40,000 survey responses from Kayla’s global online community, as well as extensive research and her experience as a trainer, to get to the nitty gritty of what makes us follow through with our health and fitness goals … and what doesn’t.
“The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide is a really special book for me as it follows on from my first book. My goal was to help women by providing them with information and tips that can assist in getting and staying motivated for the long-term,” Kayla told us.
So what can we expect from the sequel? The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide explores how you can overcome the obstacles we all face, set goals and actually stick to a long-term plan for better health. It includes helpful checklists and templates, a 28-day meal plan, more than 200 simple and delicious recipes, shopping lists and a pull-out 28-day workout poster.
“I am so excited to be revealing the cover of my second book with Sporteluxe readers today and I look forward to sharing more information with you when my book is on shelves later this year.” …So are we, Kayla, so are we.
If you’ve ever chosen to snooze over sweating or taken down a packet of biscuits in an ad break, Kayla’s book may be just what you need. To get a taste of it (literally) Kayla has shared one of her favourite ‘naughty made nice’ recipes below. Whip it up and then jump on over to their website to pre-order The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide and to find out more.
Nice Cream Sandwich
Prep: 20 mins + 1 hour 30 mins freezing time + 30 mins soaking time
3 medjool dates
50 g walnuts
1½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 frozen medium banana, chopped
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½–1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- Place the dates in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and process until crumbly. Add the dates, cacao powder and vanilla and process until well combined and a sticky dough is formed. Ensure that you scrape down the sides of the processor bowl occasionally.
- Using wet hands, press the mixture into one half of the lined slice tin, about 6–7 mm thick. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes, then cut into four even-sized rectangular cookies. Return the cookies to the freezer for another 10 minutes while you make the nice cream.
- To make the nice cream, place the banana, vanilla and milk in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and evenly top with the nice cream. Top with the remaining cookies to create sandwiches. Gently press the cookies together.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Nice cream sandwiches can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.