Here at Sporteluxe, we are huge lovers of all things chocolate and peanut butter. Put them both together and what do you get? A match made in heaven — which is why we were thrilled when we came across this recipe by one of our favourite foodies, Sally O’Neil aka The Fit Foodie in the lead up to International Peanut Butter Day! (Yep, it’s a thing — January 24).
“One of my all-time favourite flavour combos, chocolate and peanut butter. These pancakes are gluten, dairy and sugar free, which means I can enjoy them a little more regularly.” — Sally O’Neil aka The Fit Foodie
Not that you need more convincing but keep scrolling for the recipe and click here for the benefits of adding more peanut butter in your life!
GF: DF: RSF
For the peanut sauce:
1. In a bowl, mix the flours, cacao, stevia, baking powder and salt.
2. Make a well in the centre and crack in the egg, then pour in the milk whilst stirring the batter together.
3. Heat a frying pan with coconut oil over a medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot, pour in the batter to create a pancake around 6cm wide. Fill the base of the pan with as many pancakes as possible without letting the batters touch.
5. Cook for a few minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the top of the batter.
6. Flip, and cook for an additional few minutes, then remove from the pan.
7. Repeat until the batter used up.
8. Make the sauce by heating the coconut oil and peanut butter over a low heat in a small pan, mixing well.
9. Stack the pancakes and pour over the sauce, topping with peanuts and nibs.
If you want more recipes like this then check out Love Move Eat.